What does Remind2Find do?
Hopefully you have some idea from the name and what you’ve seen elsewhere on the site. We may lack imagination, but we are practical! We do 3 things.
- Remind you when to buy things, which becomes harder as you become busier.
- Help you decide what to buy. Whether due to a lack of imagination, knowledge of what others like or limited time to think, it’s much easier to buy the wrong things than get it right.
- Guide you on where to buy from. You can of course buy from wherever you like, but this can be tricky when shopping in other countries or buying from retailers you have not used before. We only list reputable retailers, to help you to shop safely and with confidence.
Basically, we connect people who want to buy great things with reputable online retailers that sell them! We’ve done the research, added local knowledge from our user community and indexed the information to benefit other users.
Why should I used Remind2Find when I can search Google myself?
Google can be great if you know exactly what to buy. However, trawling through pages of results looking for inspiration for an important last-minute purchase is what we’re trying to save you from! Give us a try and you’ll see just how easy it is.
Why did you create Remind2Find?
See above! We were frustrated by the 3 problems that Remind2Find solves:
- When to buy. We’re all busy and it became difficult to track and plan when to buy in advance of personally important events.
- What to buy. We all have specific tastes and there is a world of choice. It’s easier to get it wrong than to gamble and find one of the few things that people really like.
- Where to buy from. There are 12 million on-line retailers! After deciding what you want, we simply want to buy quickly and with confidence from a trusted retailer.
Why should I not just use Google?
If you generally know what you want to buy and where from, go for it. But wait…before you go, is this always the case or could a well-timed reminder and inspiration help you to do even better?
People have very specific tastes that change over time. Keeping track of these and recalling the detail at the right time is easier said than done.
We’ve put a lot of effort into creating a service that makes it easier for everybody. We’ve also spent hours on Google to find the best retailers all around the world so you don’t have to waste your time looking.
What does it cost? Are there any hidden costs?
Remind2Find is free to use and always will be. The price you pay from a retailer will also be the same as if you had visited them from Google or directly.
What are the benefits of creating a profile on Remind2Find?
Creating a profile helps users to save time, get more organised and to buy (and receive!) better gifts. Simply login with Facebook. The rest is simple. You set it up once and the benefit is everlasting!
- Create your own profile. Add your birthday and any other dates, select your favourite retailers, add a Pinterest page and let us know which gift categories interest you.
- Create profiles for close friends and family so you get reminders before their birthdays etc.
- Invite them to connect and update their profiles. This updated data will become your inspiration when buying for them…just as your profile will help them to buy for you.
- Let Remind2Find work for you. Reminders will be sent to profile owners in advance of any key events to ensure their profile is up-to-date.
- Set your reminder preferences so we can alert you in advance of an event and make suggestions based on the occasion and your friends’ preferences.
Who can see my profile?
Only you and those people you have connected with and can see in your list of friends.
Is Remind2Find a retailer?
No, and we have no plans to become one. Remind2Find partners with retailers to give our users a great online shopping experience. We only list highly recommended websites and remove any retailers that do not deliver quality products and services.
How do I track or raise queries about items I have ordered?
Directly with the retailer and as instructed on their website.
How does international delivery work? What about delivery delays, import restrictions and duty?
Sending gifts overseas can be difficult and expensive. This guide should be of use to you, but in summary, international shipping is often hard to track, customs restrictions can be prohibitive and there is the risk of an unwelcome invoice for import duty.
Remind2Find simplifies this by connecting users with reputable and highly rated retailers around the world. Whilst most retailers only deliver within their country of operation, we also list some international retailers if they charge a fixed (duty paid) price at checkout. We do not knowingly list retailers where the buyer is responsible for paying import duty separately. Please check delivery details for any site you order from and let us know where any retailer falls outside of the above.
How do I recommend my favourite retailers for you to list?
Remind2Find improves as our users share their local knowledge. Please use the Contact Us form
Do you have an idea for improving our service?
We’d love to hear from you. Please contact us here